Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schedule Charge issues and setting via Tesla phone app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry still new to our Model X but did do a forum search.

I set our car schedule to charge at midnight last night. Pretty sure it hit all the right buttons and the watch over the charger icon shows. I think the phone app as well showed the scheduled charge. Woke this morning to find the car didn't charge. Had to manually turn on charge. Did I miss a step somewhere?

Also, if we forget to set the charge scheduler, is there a way to do that from the official Tesla phone app (android). I see only turn on or off charging via phone.

thanks,

Sorry still new to our Model X but did do a forum search.

I set our car schedule to charge at midnight last night. Pretty sure it hit all the right buttons and the watch over the charger icon shows. I think the phone app as well showed the scheduled charge. Woke this morning to find the car didn't charge. Had to manually turn on charge. Did I miss a step somewhere?

Also, if we forget to set the charge scheduler, is there a way to do that from the official Tesla phone app (android). I see only turn on or off charging via phone.

thanks,

Its easy to confuse AM/PM when setting at midnight. Set at 12:05 am and it will work just fine. I have done the same thing. Setting the time to charge at a particular location must be done from the car, not the app.

Reactions: David29
As to your second question, the answer is no, you cannot schedule a charge from the phone app. You can manually start or stop the charging from the app, and you can change the charging limit.
As to the first question, it is hard to say whether or not you might have missed the step. But the settings are retained from day to day. So if you go to your car and look at the charging screen, it should show that scheduled charging is turned on, and both the charging start time and the charge limit should be set to what you want. I suggest you have a second look, and maybe see if it starts to charge tonight when you want it to. (Maybe set the charge start time to an earlier hour, before you go to bed, so you can see on the app whether or not charging has started.) If your car has successfully charged before at your house, my guess is that you simply missed something in the setup.

thanks Lloyd/ Dave, good point on the AM/ PM setting, I might have overlooked that... doh! We have charged a loaner MX we've been using for a few weeks prior with our wall charger without problems (but didn't try the scheduler) so I'm sure it's not the charger.

I can set my desired charge level (ex., 70%) via my Tesla app. This works just fine and the car charges overnight to 70%. However, a couple days later, the desired charge level has mysteriously changed to 90%.

This had occurred over & over. Can’t figure out what is changing the desired charge level. Any ideas ??

I can set my desired charge level (ex., 70%) via my Tesla app. This works just fine and the car charges overnight to 70%. However, a couple days later, the desired charge level has mysteriously changed to 90%.

This had occurred over & over. Can’t figure out what is changing the desired charge level. Any ideas ??
Maybe your car's power-hungry AI has gotten smart enough to override your settings. :eek:

The settings can be changed from within the car or from the app. Is anyone else using your car? Could they have reset it? I haven't noticed my settings change on their own. I'm flipping between 80% and 90% (80% at night and I set it to 90% about 30 minutes before I leave on a cold day)

Maybe your car's power-hungry AI has gotten smart enough to override your settings. :eek:

The settings can be changed from within the car or from the app. Is anyone else using your car? Could they have reset it? I haven't noticed my settings change on their own. I'm flipping between 80% and 90% (80% at night and I set it to 90% about 30 minutes before I leave on a cold day)

Thanks for your suggestions. No one else has access to this car. Since I have been chasing this problem, when I last set to 70% I confirmed that ipad app, iphone app, and in the car all read 70%.

I don't charge the car everyday because I don't use it every day. Still, the next time I plugged it in, the setting was changed to 90%.

I think the charge settings are GPS aware. That means if you turn on Scheduled Charging at home, when you get to your cottage, Scheduled Charging can be off for that location. The same may apply for charging levels.

Park your car in the garage and set the charging level to 70% from within the car. That should ensure your current GPS location has a 70% charge level. Go into the house and verify that the same is set in your phone app. Then check to see it changes back to 90%.

If it does keep changing, then I would try to determine the exact time it changes by monitoring the phone app and narrow down the time it changed. That may help you to figure out what changes in that time period could have altered the charging level. Good luck and post here the cause if you figure it out.

Again on saturday night, I set to 70%, I confirmed that ipad app, iphone app, and in the car all read 70%.

After charging started at 11pm as expected, the level still read 70% all 3 places. On Sunday morning, the car was charged to 70% but the level was changed to 90% on all 3 inquiries.

So, at the conclusion of the charge cycle, something is giving the instruction to change the level to 90%, before the next charge cycle. Thanks for any thoughts, but now I will call Tesla Service for help.