Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schedule Charging and EON Next Drive App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I previously used a Zappi charger and an Octopus Go tariff. I moved and now cannot use an Octopus Go tariff as it is not legal in my area to have a smart meter 2 installed (conflicts with RAF Flyingdales). I am now transitioning to EON Next Drive using an app. This is registered and integrates with my Tesla account, however since I installed it the Zappi charger ignores both scheduled departure and scheduled charge time instructions and initiates the charge about two hours after I have plugged in the Tesla to the Zappi. Any ideas as if this does not work I cannot use the cheap electricity.

I previously used a Zappi charger and an Octopus Go tariff. I moved and now cannot use an Octopus Go tariff as it is not legal in my area to have a smart meter 2 installed (conflicts with RAF Flyingdales). I am now transitioning to EON Next Drive using an app. This is registered and integrates with my Tesla account, however since I installed it the Zappi charger ignores both scheduled departure and scheduled charge time instructions and initiates the charge about two hours after I have plugged in the Tesla to the Zappi. Any ideas as if this does not work I cannot use the cheap electricity.
I have been using E.on next drive and has been going pretty good so far. I have a Wall box charger and when i get home at night i just plug it in with a scheduled charge set for 0030, I then open the next drive app just to make sure the scheduled charge is set to go then leave it to it. Has worked fine everytime although i do leave the car in Sentry mode to keep it awake and not sleeping as they recommend that in the FAQ's for the app. My only guess is the Zappi is being too smart and would maybe help if you could just try to turn it in to a completely dumb charger if that's possible.

Off topic but I'll be making my first long trip down to North Yorkshire in the Tesla at the weekend and will be passing right by RAF Fyingdales on the way to Goathland, been looking around for public chargers and looks to be a bit of a dead spot...

I just tell the car to start charging at midnight, works fine so far. It adds about 10% an hour so I try not to charge more than 40% a night.