Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schedule charging wont stay - reverts to scheduled departure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make sure you don't have Scheduled Departure set in the Tesla app, separate from the Charging screen settings in the Tesla vehicle.
My issue is I scheduled charging and now I take it off both the app and in the vehicle and it still reverts back to scheduled charging. I press the start charging on the app and it does but stops after a few minutes. If I leave the car plugged in it starts charging at the previous scheduled charging time?

My issue is I scheduled charging and now I take it off both the app and in the vehicle and it still reverts back to scheduled charging. I press the start charging on the app and it does but stops after a few minutes. If I leave the car plugged in it starts charging at the previous scheduled charging time?
I found entering a rate plan for my electric supplier seemed to confuse the app. Even though I had set a start time for charging and I told it to charge during off peak hours, it would start charging immediately at peak rates.

I have the same problem. I can set either the touchscreen or the app or both to a "scheduled" on the touchscreen or "charge" on the app time and a few minutes or hours later, it reverts back to "Scheduled Departure" on the touchscreen and "Departure" on the app. This seems the same as 125mph and EVEV18. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have the same problem. I can set either the touchscreen or the app or both to a "scheduled" on the touchscreen or "charge" on the app time and a few minutes or hours later, it reverts back to "Scheduled Departure" on the touchscreen and "Departure" on the app. This seems the same as 125mph and EVEV18. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I had the same issue for awhile. I would change it from scheduled departure to scheduled charging and it would revert back every time I returned, regardless of whether I changed it in the app or on the screen.

My fix was to go into the climate settings and turn off scheduled preconditioning there. Hasn't reverted to scheduled departure since for me.

For the record, I never turned on scheduled preconditioning in climate settings, it was a function of setting the scheduled departure under the schedule menu.

I've had the exact opposite issue, but may explain why some may see charging issues despite setting things up correctly. Charging was working perfectly fine for me for over a year. Then one day about 3-4 weeks ago charging and preconditioning would start as soon as I plugged in my car and it had nothing to do with the pre-charge testing. My electric usage skyrocketed during peak charging times. A reset did nothing. Un/reinstalling the app did nothing. I've never used a 3rd party app. At home setting were also reconfigured and had no effect. The app would always report charging was taking place at home. Modifying one or two charging settings never improved this behavior. My car would always start charging immediately and began preconditioning. Luckily charging stopped at the desired charge level but preconditioning seemed to continue 100% of the time.

However, making sure every charging/preconditioning related setting was changed. Turn them on/off/on, reset times, hit weekday/weekend buttons, charge level, etc, even if you don't plan to use a given setting. Once I did this (after issuing a reset), charging settings began to work as expected.

This issue started shortly after a new software release a month or so ago (in June) and my WiFi setting disappeared. The car could no longer see any networks. I issued a reset as mentioned on this site to get my WiFi working, but then shortly afterwards all my charging related issues started.

While trying to resolve the issue over a two week period, I had charging settings that would disappear from the display and/or would be greyed out. This weirdness usually occurred after rebooting after modifying a charge setting or two, and would sometimes reappear after another reboot.

Again, charging magically started working again when I made sure all charging settings where modified in one sitting (but only once all settings were visible/usable again). I can't say this will fix others issues, because the charging setting are not straight forward and what others are doing may be different from mine. [I initially used charging at a specified start time - 12am when I first got my MY. Then I switched over to complete charging by 6am and precondition by 7:30am and never had any issues. it just to worked as expected for over a year. Then with 2022.16.x, I started getting the WifI issues and then the charging issues with the most recent release]

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H