Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schedule departure charging makes wall charger go crazy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leonar40, I am happy I read your comment about the conflict with charging and scheduling. I have a Tesla wall charger but decided not to use scheduling for preconditioning after reading your comments. Even the message on the Tesla App is nonsensical. It says, "The car will charge at 12:30 AM and preconditioned by 6:00 AM". The preconditioning start time is later than the charging start time. Tesla need to correct this. I am beginning to think that the company is focusing on growth at the expense of quality.

Nothing wrong with scheduled departure. I have a Tesla Wall Charger and i use scheduled departure. When you plug it in, it detects the rate of the charge by accessing the power. After a few seconds, it knows how much power the unit can transmit, so it turns off until it can finish charging by 6am (mine doesn't typically start until 3am). Preconditioning is different (its a different button) as it warms up the battery and in cabin environment at a specified time for departure...of course it should start much later as the battery doesn't need to be pre-conditioned for AC charging (DC, its important).

The whole scheduled departure works as designed.