TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Schedule EV rate plan now available from PG&E

Discussion in 'California' started by spaghetti, Aug 1, 2013.

1. spaghetti

spaghetti Member

I just switched over to the Schedule EV rate plan. It is strictly a TOU plan with no tiers. As some of you may be aware, this plan will eventually replace the E-9 plans. PG&E was supposed to introduce it first in Spring, but eventually got delayed to June 1, July 1, Aug 1, and then Sep 1. They were able to pull it back in to Aug 1.

For those of us on single meters, this plan will allow for off-peak charging rates of $0.09930/kWh and $0.09889/kWh in summer and winter respectively. Off-peak times are 11pm-7am Mon-Fri all year round.

Finally ... :)

2. strider

strider Active Member

This is great news. I'll call them momentarily. Thread should probably be moved to the California forum.

3. srl99

srl99 New Member

This is all rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. PG&E is overcharging residential customers, SMUD, Alameda Power, Silicon Valley Power, etc ... are charging 10-11c/kWH ALL DAY. Take Silicon Valley power as an example - 10c/kWH all day and night. They don't have an EV plan, they don't need it.

Make sure to lobby the CPUC for the PG&E "General Rate Case". "Who killed the Electric Car?" "PG&E."

4. KingsDude

KingsDude Member

I was considering doing this for SCE as well, but I looked and saw that while the scheduled rates during that time go down, the normal useage rates increase significantly during the summer and not as much during the winter.

5. earlyretirement

earlyretirement Model X 90D

Wow, those off peak rates are GREAT if they truly are under 10 cents a kWh. Here in San Diego with SDGE the cheaper super off peak TOU EV rates are 16 cents a kWh.

6. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

PG&E needs that extra money from all ratepayers in order to pay off debts incurred due to the Enron conspiracy to manipulate energy prices (not kidding). The expense of Diablo Canyon probably doesn't help either; the nuclear power plants in Ontario have led to massively increased electric rates.

7. srl99

srl99 New Member

Didn't those Enron "debts" get released during PG&E's bankruptcy in 2001? Are contracts enforceable if there is known fraud?