Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schedule for Delivery Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Investor9872

White Ext/Int MY LR, EDD December 2022
Apr 12, 2022
SoCal
I got an email asking me to schedule for the delivery. But when I clicked on the link, there was only 1 service center in Long Beach, CA, and it was automatically selected. I'm closer to the Irvine center, and that's were I wanted to pick up the car. I've read nothing but bad reviews about the Long Beach location. Does this mean that my car is already there in Long Beach?

It's just so strange that no SA has been assigned to me. How do you add a trade-in? There are no options for me to add a trade-in, and I'm sure that there was one before. I would love to know whether my car has the comfort kit, Rysen chip, Matrix headlights. These are questions that I've seen on here that the SAs can answer quite easily.

Last edited:
i was assigned a particular delivery center but I was able to contact them (via text) to change my delivery center. but this was before the VIn was assigned, etc. has anyone texted you? or has it all been via email?

i think the consensus is that all the model Y built in the last few months all have the comfort suspension , ryzen (100% for sure). unfortunately, the matrix is unlikely. i didn't get matrix in mine (built in fremont), so i ultimately declined the VIN.

Thanks for the reply. No. No one has texted me. I've only received standardized emails from Tesla, and they were all from the [email protected]. It's been two days now, and after getting 3 emails asking me to schedule for delivery, I finally clicked on that link today, and was assigned to the Long Beach one. It's not an issue. Wanting to add a trade-in is. There's no option on my Tesla account to add a trade-in, and I can't text or email anyone since a SA hasn't been assigned to me. It's been two days now, and I haven't heard from a live person. The schedule delivery wanted me to pick up the car from this Saturday to next Wednesday. I chose Wednesday hoping that someone will contact me by then. I had also tried calling the Tesla customer service number, and was directed to the Costa Mesa service center. I had to leave multiple messages, because no one there is picking up the phone, nor calling me back either. Honestly, I don't know how Tesla gets away with this level of service, and people are buying every car they make. Lol.

Wow. Being in California, I’m sure it’s more busy. I would drop by the nearest center and be patient to speak to someone. They may be able to finagle your account to allow for a trade in. It takes about 24-36 hrs (not including weekends) to get a response/offer.

And find the title of your trade in and take pictures of the front and back. That’s needed to complete the trade in. I had to scramble to find mine.

I am in So Cal and getting a home delivery on 12/16.
All my communication with Tesla was text thru +1 (508) 504-7929 during business hour. Trade estimated, scheduled a home delivery, questions about my car were all thru that number via text.

When Tesla pushes for contactless delivery, they really mean it, lol. It's super unfortunate when you are trying to find more information especially in one off situations like this. Like you, mine was auto set to home delivery with no ability to change BUT I did get a text and someone was on the other side of said text replying to my questions.

Double check to make sure you didn't get a text that looked like spam and was disregarded. Alternatively, just like what uicandrew said, go drive down to your nearest Tesla center and speak to one of the rep there. They should be able to pull up your order and see what's going on. It's likely that Long Beach is hosting your delivery, they likely will be getting the shipment there via truck. If you do ask for the other Tesla location, I am pretty sure they will just end up driving your car from Long Beach to Irvine.