Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schedule Time to Charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wished MS Schedule Time to Charge will have an option that considers the departure time. That is, one programs the time to leave home, and the car will start charging the battery to the set charge limit at the right time so that the car is ready to leave. I think that the car conditions the battery temperature during charging, and it would be nice to drive when the battery is still at its right temperature. Too early charging means the battery is charge but has cooled off so that it needs to be reconditioned again.

But short of that, I made a spreadsheet to calc the charging time based on my normal driving schedule. The spreadsheet is attached.

View attachment Time to charge miles.xls

Last edited:
So I developed a bash script that does exactly this and it runs on my wireless router every night when I go to bed. It has different target SOCs for weekdays and weekends. When I go on vacation or need to make a specific change, I simply log into the router's web UI and modify the target SOC.

I asked a few months back if anyone was interested in a service or small device that would do this, but didn't see much of a response...

So I developed a bash script that does exactly this and it runs on my wireless router every night when I go to bed. It has different target SOCs for weekdays and weekends. When I go on vacation or need to make a specific change, I simply log into the router's web UI and modify the target SOC.

I asked a few months back if anyone was interested in a service or small device that would do this, but didn't see much of a response...
did you make the small device?

ohmman,

I am trying Splunk now, but I might have a mental block against understanding anything in web form; I'm used to understanding things from text file editing. I poked at it for a really long time, but it is very difficult to understand. I haven't gotten anything working, and I have no idea how to approach it or look for log files.

Can someone please give an example of how to configure Splunk to pull down Tesla API data for cars and batteries?

I would especially appreciate any type of text file configuration system rather than the web portal Splunk presented.

Thank you.