Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled Charge doesn't always work 2021 LR (no error message)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been using scheduled charge to start charging at 9 pm and it works most of the time. Every once in a while, it doesn't charge (without any error messages) but I always had plenty of range and it charged the next evening. The past week, the car didn't charge for 2 days in a row and the second day, I disabled the scheduled charge, plugged the car in so I would have enough charge when I left for dinner in 4 hours and came back to the car and it didn't charge.

After freaking out that this time something was wrong with the battery, I waited until 9 pm, plugged the car in (this time didn't leave it plugged in), and it charged through the night like it was supposed to. Since it seems to charge if I manually plug in after 9 pm, it's not that big a deal but does anyone have any idea why scheduled charging wouldn't start at the scheduled time if you leave it plugged in?

Sorry if this has been posted and answered before. I did a search but may have missed it.

Maybe this hasn't been posted and answered before. A fellow long time Model S owner "speculates" that the car is in sleep mode and for some reason is not waking up to charge when scheduled. Product of working from home, leaving it plugged in, and not driving for a few days? I'm going to experiment and plug the car in and check the app late at night to see if it started charging after 9 pm (and to wake it up if not).