TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Scheduled charging and power outage

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by Darthbenji, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

Set the car to start charging at midnight. It does start and then about 2am we have a power outage. I know cause the electronics in my bedroom flicker back on when the power is returned. I wake up this morning and notice I only replenished 90 mins or so of charge. I turn it on and get ready for work. Is there no way to have it resume charging on its own when the power is restored?
    If this happens at 12:10am I’ve got big problems in the morning since I cant get anywhere.

2. arcus

arcus Active Member

The current manual does not mention anything about charging time window, but it used to be 6 hours - so if your outage caused that window of time to be missed, the charging would not resume until the next day.

3. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

Yeah it was about 90 minutes to 2 hours into the scheduled charge. So the 6 hour thing must not apply to model 3?