Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled Charging at 20%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came across this interesting and nice result the first time I used scheduled charging.

I arrived home today with about 21% state of charge. It’s important to note it’s is about -6 Celsius / 21 Fahrenheit here tonight.

I had the new scheduled charging software upgrade set to start at 5:45pm, with scheduled to leave at 7am.

Normally, the car would start charging right away, since it was 5:45pm.
As I walked away from the car, I saw that it had a message on the screen stating something to the effect that it wouldn’t start charging yet. I can’t remember the wording. This is what it’s supposed to do as per the new upgrade, so that’s good.

However, since the battery was both cold, and around 20%, it started charging a few minutes later anyway. I assume to protect the battery from sitting in cold temps at or below 20%.

Once it reached 35% a short while later, it then stopped and waited until it gets closer to the scheduled 7am departure.

Anyway, very long story here to say, I thought I would share that the new scheduled charging upgrade will manage and protect the battery according to state of charge and temperature nicely as well.

Love these upgrades. :)