Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled Charging at 20%

M109Rider

Apr 8, 2018
Kitchener, Ontario
Came across this interesting and nice result the first time I used scheduled charging.

I arrived home today with about 21% state of charge. It’s important to note it’s is about -6 Celsius / 21 Fahrenheit here tonight.

I had the new scheduled charging software upgrade set to start at 5:45pm, with scheduled to leave at 7am.

Normally, the car would start charging right away, since it was 5:45pm.
As I walked away from the car, I saw that it had a message on the screen stating something to the effect that it wouldn’t start charging yet. I can’t remember the wording. This is what it’s supposed to do as per the new upgrade, so that’s good.

However, since the battery was both cold, and around 20%, it started charging a few minutes later anyway. I assume to protect the battery from sitting in cold temps at or below 20%.

Once it reached 35% a short while later, it then stopped and waited until it gets closer to the scheduled 7am departure.

Anyway, very long story here to say, I thought I would share that the new scheduled charging upgrade will manage and protect the battery according to state of charge and temperature nicely as well.

Love these upgrades. :)

ngogas

Sep 19, 2018
Utah
If you don’t leave the same time everyday your hvac will run till you get in the car. See the other discussion thread regarding this feature.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC