Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled charging at a supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M1tch

2021 M3P with EAP
Nov 16, 2021
Gloucester, England
Now, I’m not planning doing this by any means, but wondered can you schedule charging at a supercharger? A hotel I regularly stay at for work (Marks Tey in Colchester) and it has 11 superchargers in the car park. I plug in, check in, put my stuff in the room and it’s normally all charged so I just move it. But wondered can you schedule charging so it charged overnight for example and was ready for you in the morning? As I say, pretty selfish and I have no intention of doing this but would this avoid overstay charges etc?

There is no way to schedule at a SC as they aren't designed as destination chargers. You don't pay idle fees if the chargers are under 50% utilised, but whilst highly unlikely if it did fill up during the night you would start to get charged without your knowledge.

Easy way around that - get a Tesla 😂😂

As I say, no intention to do it but more wondered what would happen if 11 customers at the hotel all did that, it would block it for everyone and there is always a steady flow visiting it. Glad it can’t be done to be honest.