Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled Charging Failed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model 3 two days ago, and set it up to use scheduled charging to begin at 12AM on a 14-50. The first night I can confirm it started at midnight and was fully charged by morning. But this morning I came out of the house to go to work at 7:30AM and it had just started to charge when I approached the car. I looked at my camera footage and the UMC started to charge at 12AM but then stopped 5s later and had a single light blinking (can't tell what color). My guess is the UMC sensed a voltage drop or something, which is odd considering my Model S charged on it with no issues for two years. And why would it start charging when it unlocked in the morning?

I picked up my Model 3 two days ago, and set it up to use scheduled charging to begin at 12AM on a 14-50. The first night I can confirm it started at midnight and was fully charged by morning. But this morning I came out of the house to go to work at 7:30AM and it had just started to charge when I approached the car. I looked at my camera footage and the UMC started to charge at 12AM but then stopped 5s later and had a single light blinking (can't tell what color). My guess is the UMC sensed a voltage drop or something, which is odd considering my Model S charged on it with no issues for two years. And why would it start charging when it unlocked in the morning?
Puzzling. I'd like to hear the theories on this one too.

On Friday, I was checking out the folding rear seats, and slammed the driver's side back into the upright position. Immediately upon doing so I got several UMC fault warnings. Unplugged the UMC from the wall and everything is working fine now. SC is going to replace the UMC proactively.

I had the same problem too. Within a 1.5 week period, the car didn't start the scheduled charge until after I connected via the app. Tesla service thought it could be my 240v power and had me test with 120v for awhile. However, that was a month ago and the problem hasn't reappeared since. I just assumed it was a firmware issue since it upgraded to a newer version while I was doing the 120v test, but now I'm wondering if that's not the cause and I have a faulty UMC. Only way to know for sure is if the issue comes back.