Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

scheduled charging on app forgets setting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model 3 and had the new app update that allows you to specify the charging current. I also just switched to Octopus Go so I am using scheduled charging most nights.

I find that I have to reset Scheduled Charging. The app sometimes switches to Departure settings, which I don't use or want right now. It seems to forget that last night I used Scheduled Charging and it also forgets the time that I want it to start.

Do others find this? Is it a bug or a feature?

Reactions: SanCarlosJeff
Same here. I have a Model S LR Refresh and I use the Departure setting exclusively. Until recently the feature in the app has been working fine. However, 2 days ago I set the departure time for 8 am and the app kept defaulting back to 6 am. I had to set the departure time for 8 am in the car. I haven't used the app since the recent update 2021.40.6 so maybe it's been fixed?

I use scheduled departure on the app. I find I have to turn off schedduled departure, set the desired time, and then turn scheduled departure back on. If I skip this regamarole it ignores my time entry and goes back to whatever the previous setting was.

I wonder if this is related to the most recent bug where the charger door closes as soon as you open it. I've found that when I push to open the charge door a second time and connect the cord, the car starts charging immediately instead of my scheduled start time.

Now that you mention it, maybe not. I'll pay attention next time and see if that's it. Thanks so much for your message!
Today I had my car ready to go to bowling at 9:15AM by the scheduled departure. When I got there, I opened tha app and waited for it to connect so I could set the departure to noon, when our bowling league finishes. I went to put in the time and it already said 12:00 PM. How did it know? Is it remembering the last time I set departure time from that location? Or is that the default value before you enter a time?