Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone explain why, if I have schedule charging set to start at 130a, and plug in the car when I get home at 6p - why does it start charging???? I’m constantly checking the app and turning off the charging to try and keep it to off hours….it will stop then restart on its own…..

Make sure you hit "DONE" after setting the time to start charging and then plug in. The screen should show what time charging is scheduled as well as the app. Assuming that the charging schedule has been performed properly, there should be no charging until the time you have set. Make sure you check the screen and app to ensure the system has accepted your scheduled time.

My model S was doing this a few weeks ago. Tried a regular reboot but issue persisted. What worked for me was a deep reset by doing a wheel swap on the MCU and then swapping them back 15 minutes later. Works fine now. Try it. Maybe will work for you too. Hope this helps.