Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

scheduled departure lost its mind

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - I've done a search and seems a lot of the advice is around the App, which I don't think applies to me (2015, MCU1).

I changed to Scheduled Departure once, a week or so ago, to be charged and ready to go by 0930. Right after that I set it back to Scheduled Charging. It still reflects this in the Charging screen, and it charges as scheduled.

However, every morning before 0930 it still fires up and does - something - not sure, but it sounds like the Death Star coming online in there. I rarely leave the house, especially at that time.

Is there any way to force it to do one or the other but not both? I am afraid one day it will start that up when I am not home and plugged in and attract unwanted attention (and run my battery down).

thoughts?
adam

Check the settings both in the App and in the car. If they agree, change the car 0930 time to another convenient time for oyu to check (make sure scheduled departure is still unchecked. If the activity starts at the rescheduled time, toggle the scheduled charging off, and turn on scheduled departure, exit the app or the car and shut the door, and then get back in and toggle it back off. Check to see if activity at specified time is still occurring, Turn scheduled charging back on. This should clear up any "phantom" settings that didn't update properly.

Interested in how this goes for you, I sent scheduled departure once and could never get it to stick to scheduled charging after that no mater where I changed it.

Might also be that I do not have my HPWC set up so the car can never get enough charge.

Check the settings both in the App and in the car. If they agree, change the car 0930 time to another convenient time for oyu to check (make sure scheduled departure is still unchecked. If the activity starts at the rescheduled time, toggle the scheduled charging off, and turn on scheduled departure, exit the app or the car and shut the door, and then get back in and toggle it back off. Check to see if activity at specified time is still occurring, Turn scheduled charging back on. This should clear up any "phantom" settings that didn't update properly.
I think due to the age of the car and/or MCU1, my app does not seem to have any place for setting/checking that - all I can do is move the slider to set the charge limit and start/stop charging.

Interesting how it seems like an either/or function, yet somehow seems to be doing both. I tried a reset yesterday and still this morning it sounded like an idling F-18 out there...

Reactions: DerbyDave