Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled departure - should it charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

On the two occasions I’ve set scheduled departure, the car has failed to charge overnight, but it has heated the car up for the given time. (The limit of charge is set to 100% that night due to doing a long trip)

My understanding is that it should also charge as needed as well as heating. Is this correct? And if so, is anyone else having a similar problem and know what could be causing it?

Thanks
Scott

I've used this feature a few times and yes, it should charge. I think it has a 'feature' though, in that it only charges until about 6.30 am (could be wrong on the time) as the american programmers saw that as the cut off point for when the power grid starts to get busy (yes, I know, wtf)

I've used this feature a few times and yes, it should charge. I think it has a 'feature' though, in that it only charges until about 6.30 am (could be wrong on the time) as the american programmers saw that as the cut off point for when the power grid starts to get busy (yes, I know, wtf)
I thought it tried to complete charging by then but if it can't it doesn't just stop. It's all in the manual.

I don't use it much but it's always worked fine when I did.

Reactions: asherwood