Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled departure - what if I don’t “depart”?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just got a M3 and are loving it!

I want to set up scheduled departure for when my wife goes to work but I only see “weekends” and “weekdays” for settings. My wife works We’d-Fri. If I set up weekdays, what happens on Monday and Tuesday when the car is ready to go at 7:30am but my wife doesn’t go run errands until later in the morning? Does the car just keep the heater and battery going or does it shut off if the car doesn’t move within some timeframe after scheduled departure? For example, the car is ready at 7:30 and isn’t driven by 8am so goes back to sleep.

thanks in advance for any tips on this from more experienced Tesla owners than I am.

Eddie

I tried it this morning since I was keeping the car home today. Looks like it warms the battery and cabin and then turns back off after 30 minutes. I think I’ll just leave scheduled departure turned off until I can set specific days of the week. Not a big deal for us, since it live in the garage and my wife’s office is only 10 miles away.

Reactions: ScoobyDoo82
Upvote 0
I tried it this morning since I was keeping the car home today. Looks like it warms the battery and cabin and then turns back off after 30 minutes. I think I’ll just leave scheduled departure turned off until I can set specific days of the week. Not a big deal for us, since it live in the garage and my wife’s office is only 10 miles away.
I was gonna say this. Any function that isn’t “addressed” usually turns off after 30 mins. For example, if you use the app to cool your car off it will only run the climate for 30 mins max (until you re activate it again). The same is also the case for vented windows. It’s an extremely well thought out smart car. Don’t worry too much about this, especially if your car is plugged in. Just enjoy it! It’s very hard to “ruin” this car when using it’s built in features. 👍

Upvote 0
I believe the CC will keep the temp setting until it is turned off. There is a setting in Departure where you can enable or disable preconditioning. I typically leave my precondition off. I set mine to charge by 6:00 for off-peak. If needed I will turn CC on with app before leaving.
I can confirm that CC will only run for 30 mins max without one of the seats detecting occupancy. It’s as if the engineers have really thought out everything!

Reactions: jdcollins5
Upvote 0
I was gonna say this. Any function that isn’t “addressed” usually turns off after 30 mins. For example, if you use the app to cool your car off it will only run the climate for 30 mins max (until you re activate it again). The same is also the case for vented windows. It’s an extremely well thought out smart car. Don’t worry too much about this, especially if your car is plugged in. Just enjoy it! It’s very hard to “ruin” this car when using it’s built in features. 👍
Clarification, the window vent will not close up automatically, it’ll just inform you via notifications that a window is down (usually around 20-30 minutes) in the case that you forgot.

Reactions: jdcollins5
Upvote 0
Plus you don't need or want to precondition the car if your drive is only 10 minutes away. The cabin warms up in 5 mins. Just use the app to turn on the climate when your're getting ready to leave, by the time you are ready and step in to the car, it should have warmed or cooled the car already.

Reactions: ScoobyDoo82
Upvote 0