Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled departure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't seem to work.

I schedule it to depart at 6 am. However, as soon as I plug it in, it starts to charge (during the peak charge period). I cancel the charge, and it reverted to depart at 6 am, then it starts to charge again.

I now go back to my old routine, i.e start charge at 7 pm.

I don't like that you can set important features like this on the phone. I forgot to turn it off and it heated up my car on my day off yesterday. I just turned it off, it's more trouble than it's worth right now.

I found that the first time I did scheduled departure in each car it did this. Just plug it in later in the evening (during off peak) and let it run it’s course.
Subsequent uses it seems to work better. I think it must be doing some sort of learning or calibration of your local charging parameters.

I mean if it wants to know the time period I like to charge, Tesla can ask me. I thought a combination of start charge at (7pm in my case), and depart at 6 am should be all the information it needs to do a educated charging. And if Tesla wants to learn, please learn it in off peak hours.

it basically takes an hour to charge 10%, and if I wants to charge to 85$ depart at 6 am and I am at 55%, it will require 3 hours, so please start charging at 3 am or a bit earlier.

having said that, I know it will be fixed. It is just software, btw, I like the new 1 pedal driving. Hopefully, I remember that it is 3 pedal driving when I am in Europe next year.

Yep. The whole scheduled departure thing is useless. I never leave at 6am and my electricity is cheap until 7. I was hoping it would work because the stats app which kinda does this fails often enough to wake the car I don’t trust my commute to it working. If it doesn’t, I haven’t enough charge for my day. I really wanted Tesla to get it right. Oh well, I still charge up when I get home so that I have the peace of mind I can get to work in the morning. The automated version of that sucks so far.

There's also some weird bug with Scheduled departure if you set on the "Weekdays Only" setting. Specifically, in my case I have set it to depart at 5:45am. On Sundays, if I plug the car in, it will start charging immediately instead of waiting till Monday morning like it's supposed to do. I have to set it back to old Scheduled Charge option to stop it from charging immediately on Sundays.

Reactions: Veedio