Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled Off-Peak Charging and departure time cabin warming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My approach seems to work & because I'm retired I don't have a specific routine, keeping the car at around 80% or lower depending on what I plan to do next day.

The Octopus Agile web based budget scheduler automatically charges at the 30 minute slots at or below the maximum I'm prepared to pay & if we need to pre-warm, whoever is going to use the car uses the Tesla app about 15-20 minutes before setting off.​

Reactions: exlatccatsa
What’s this please?
If you're a Zappi user it can be accessed via your myenergi account:

myenergi account. ....'My Fexible Tariff'

Quoting Octopus: "The most innovative new tariff is the Octopus Agile, where every half hour period has a different price and these change every day! The Octopus Agile prices even go negative when there is a lot of wind and solar generation, so you can get paid for charging your car – but be warned, the prices can also go very high during periods of peak demand so this tariff won’t be for everyone and you need to keep on top of the daily price details to avoid paying more…

Although the automatic schedule feature only works with Octopus Agile today, we are working hard on an update to work with any flexible or “time of use” tariff. This means that whatever tariff you are on, we can then to work our when it’s best to charge your EV and automatically set the timed boots schedules in your zappi to use the cheapest electricity. Of course we do the same with eddi too!"

• Informative
Reactions: Jeeves
If you're a Zappi user it can be accessed via your myenergi account:

myenergi account. ....'My Fexible Tariff'

Quoting Octopus: "The most innovative new tariff is the Octopus Agile, where every half hour period has a different price and these change every day! The Octopus Agile prices even go negative when there is a lot of wind and solar generation, so you can get paid for charging your car – but be warned, the prices can also go very high during periods of peak demand so this tariff won’t be for everyone and you need to keep on top of the daily price details to avoid paying more…

Although the automatic schedule feature only works with Octopus Agile today, we are working hard on an update to work with any flexible or “time of use” tariff. This means that whatever tariff you are on, we can then to work our when it’s best to charge your EV and automatically set the timed boots schedules in your zappi to use the cheapest electricity. Of course we do the same with eddi too!"
I believe that the next account update will also accommodate Octopus Go and similar

Really odd - so my car disconnects from the charger 5 minutes before it’s due to start, but it only happens at the 00:30 session, if I mimic the start time during the day - the charge company (new motion) are looking into it

anyone else had anything similar where the car disconnects prior to scheduled charging?