Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled pickup but seems no confirmation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, it's my first time ordering a Tesla but this first time experience has been strange to me as there seems to be near zero communitation from Tesla except the Thanks for ordering email.

On 6/1, I found my VIN on the source page

On 6/2, my account page has updated and shown the VIN. Then later I received a text asking me to schedule a time to pickup, but the link says "There are no appointments available", I tried a few more times later that day but still no luck.

On 6/3, I recieved another text saying a delivery appointment has been tentatively scheduled for 6/10, my account page also updated the delivery time and location.

That's all I got from tesla, since the text says it's tentatively scheduled, I'm trying to get a confirmation so I can take a day off on the pickup date. I've been trying to call Tesla at 1712 Powell Street, but they never pickup the phone...

So I'm wondering do they contact their customers before the scheduled date? like a confirmation or something?

Also, I'm using Tesla financing option, got Scotiabank approved terms showing up on my account, but next step still show they are drafting up my contract, is it normal they take this long to get the contract?

Thanks.

Yeah, what you are seeing is 'normal' for tesla. They will confirm, but sometimes last minute. In that case you should be able to request a more convenient time if you need it. As far as the drafting final agreement line goes, that will likely be that way until you pick up. I've rarely seen those doc's being available online before pickup at the pace they are delivering model 3s.

Yeah, what you are seeing is 'normal' for tesla. They will confirm, but sometimes last minute. In that case you should be able to request a more convenient time if you need it. As far as the drafting final agreement line goes, that will likely be that way until you pick up. I've rarely seen those doc's being available online before pickup at the pace they are delivering model 3s.
Ok I see, that kinda clear my questions, thanks~

My delivery date is this Friday, June 14... four days from now. I was able to contact someone using the toll-free number on the Tesla website and confirmed my date and time. I asked for confirmation of the amount of the certified cheque I should bring. He said whatever it says on the website. He said it was rare for the amount to change closer to the delivery date.

I asked whether I would hear from anyone from Tesla between now and Friday. He said it was unlikely unless it was an email to confirm or change the date/time for delivery.

Here's hoping.

I'm guessing it varies widely store-to-store, and maybe different on inventory car vs new custom? I picked up my MS last week (inventory car, still had to be brought to the Oakville location, and had regular email/text exchange with the sales contact, which then expanded to the delivery team in the 48 hours leading up to the delivery appt.

Maybe I drove some of this with my own (excessive?!) communication, but I found them responsive.

That said, I agreed on a Friday 5 PM delivery appt with them, and then received confirmation of my Thursday 11 AM delivery appointment, so I gather it's not exactly an ironclad process :)

Hi was just wondering if they ended up contacting you and how last minute it was???

My scheduled delivery date is in 2 days but still haven’t heard anything from my delivery agent...
Sorry for the late respond, been very busy lately.

Yes, they contacted me on Saturday night by email. Also the location was changed to west 4th, everything went fine at pickup, and very happy with the car. I was told that they had 120 cars to go out yesterday, no wonder why their communication was so bad.

My delivery date is this Friday, June 14... four days from now. I was able to contact someone using the toll-free number on the Tesla website and confirmed my date and time. I asked for confirmation of the amount of the certified cheque I should bring. He said whatever it says on the website. He said it was rare for the amount to change closer to the delivery date.

I asked whether I would hear from anyone from Tesla between now and Friday. He said it was unlikely unless it was an email to confirm or change the date/time for delivery.

Here's hoping.

They emailed me on Saturday night to confirm, don't worry.