Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled preconditioning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Carl

Supporting Member
Jan 12, 2013
Belgium
Is there an app available which would do scheduled preconditioning, e.g. tell the car to turn HVAC on at 7:00 am on weekdays?

I think VisibleTesla used to do that, but not sure it still works/is still supported/has security issues. As to Tesla's smart preconditioning, that never worked well for me; I would prefer something a lot more "stupid" that I can manage myself!

Does anyone use the "CTRL Tesla" app? Seems to be the only one capable of this, but in the Dutch-Belgium subforum some have raised safety concerns about this app. Would be good to read if anyone is using it today, and if it does its job of scheduled heating/cooling.

There is a setting to invoice "smart preconditioning" in the main screen under, perhaps, "driving." Not as precise as you are probably looking for, but the car is supposed to learn your habits and anticipate this.
True but 'smart' preconditioning doesn't work very well in my experience, which is why I was looking for 'stupid' preconditioning.

The built-in one doesn't work at all for me as best I can tell. I've found that when I'm packing up my office to leave for the day I'll put on the climate control. But as far as I can tell since I've owned the car it has never actually done this automatically.

sorry... I wish

Tesla's "smart preconditioning" is snake oil and a waste of screen space... best I can tell is a do nothing button. I tried, but it does stupid things.. acts when I don't want it. So, "OFF" and never since.

I'd settle for manual dumb preconditioning, if they offered it.

Tesla app / console should be offering dumb preconditioning feature, like other electric cars do... but Tesla is not as good, sadly. Been waiting for years for things like scheduled charge... dot dot dot ... many features needed. Tesla not competitive in this area. Falls on deaf ears.

And no... not giving my credentials to any random App or organization other than Tesla. I need to know who to blame if they're compromised.