Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled servicing: Is there a recommended mileage or amount of time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 will hit 3 years this fall. When I first got the car I recall reading that there was a schedule for a regular servicing, something like 2 years, but that wasn't confirmed in any documentation or confirmation I got from Tesla. So is there a regular service interval? If so, what and should it just be scheduled through the app?

The brakes should be checked, they get rusty in places that use salt. Aside from that it's just tires which should be rotated every year and replaced as needed. As for cabin air filters, I don't get why those would ever need to be replaced unless you live someplace with massive air pollution or wildfires. Are cabin air filters a new thing? I'm 66 and I don't think I've ever replaced a cabin air filter, engine air filters every year or two but not cabin air filters.

• Funny
Reactions: Zoomit
The brakes should be checked, they get rusty in places that use salt. Aside from that it's just tires which should be rotated every year and replaced as needed. As for cabin air filters, I don't get why those would ever need to be replaced unless you live someplace with massive air pollution or wildfires. Are cabin air filters a new thing? I'm 66 and I don't think I've ever replaced a cabin air filter, engine air filters every year or two but not cabin air filters.

They start to stink up after a while, it's not just a Tesla/new thing :)

Reactions: jjrandorin
Is that a service center kind of thing? Or something that can be done elsewhere?

Checking brakes, anyplace that does brakes can do. There are instructions on how a user can self install a new cabin air filter, so I would say for that, its either "do it yourself" or have the service center do it if you dont want to be bothered. I wouldnt have a third party business do that.