Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduling charger on Octopus Go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know, I know, this has probably been discussed to death but I can't find the appropriate threads.

I have Oct-GO tariff and a mini-pro home charger so I want to charge between 00.30 - 04.30 as and when required.

On the day I need charge, I plug my M3P into the charger and it automatically starts to charge. Is there any way to avoid this?

I manually stop this vai the Tesla app and then via the EVJuiceNet app (which I think is terrible), I set up the scheduled charge for the 4hr period.

Is this the correct procedure or am I being a complete numpty and missing something obvious?

If I plug the cable into the car, I don't want it to start charging automatically. Or is this expected behaviour?

Thanks in advance and apologies if you're groaning on reading about this again...

In the car, you can set it to start charging at 00.30 each night and choose weekdays only or all days.
A 7kw charger will charge just under 10% per hour so the really simplest and most reliable way is to do the above and then set your max charge % to about +38% above whatever it is now and then you will get about 4 hours of charge starting at 00:30
There are lots of more sophisticated ways but they all rely on apis, servers and internet and thus are prone to failure some times

Reactions: Gatsojon
Is it an EO charger? I had mine installed yesterday and noticed I can set timings in the EO app.... not tested it yet and don't have my car yet so can't confirm if this is the best solution.

Hopefully, one day, Tesla software updates will catch with what is a common sense approach to charger timings.
Even in my Ioniq, I could set several start/stop times to allow cheap charging and a separate departure/ pre-heat for later.
Being retired, I don’t have much call for departure these days but at least my smart charger can handle overnight cheap rate timers and the car will shut it off when the max level set is reached.

A 7kw charger will charge just under 10% per hour so the really simplest and most reliable way is to do the above and then set your max charge % to about +38% above whatever it is now and then you will get about 4 hours of charge starting at 00:30
There are lots of more sophisticated ways but they all rely on apis, servers and internet and thus are prone to failure some times

I see, that's not really automatic then is it but I get the logic!

Replies to various comments.

Yes, it's an EO charger but they recommended the JuiceNet app as the EO app itself didn't work for me.
To set up the EO app, you need to scan the barcode but for some reason, it just wouldn't oblige.
A friend of mine has the same charger and she could get the EO app to recognise her charger.

One day soon...I do hope they can figure a way to easily and without thought set up a charging schedule that's literally plug-and-play.

I know that even now to set up the charging isn't that big a deal but we all know it could be simpler!

[QUOTE="Beej4, What is teslafi?[/QUOTE]

There are a number of threads here which will give you details of Teslafi and you can, of course, use google to go to their website.

If you decide to use Teslafi many of the forum members, me included, can give you their referral link which is beneficial to both parties.

I'll PM you with my link ad leave you to choose which actions you think will suit you best

You might consider the ev.energy app.

What will work best for you will very much depend on your consumption pattern. This app works best for me at the moment and is entirely automatic. You just set your target charge and the time you want the car ready, it takes care of the rest. It controls the charging session via Tesla APIs so renders your EO dumb. PM me for a referral code if you would like one.