Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schizophrenic Nav - SW 17.26.17

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Missile Toad

MSLR Wht/Blk/19 | OD 6/10/21 | RN11512
Aug 30, 2016
30.04, -95.16
So, I'm messing with the Nav -- and I see the SuperCharger network chiefly populated with 'happy' red supercharger pins, except for one 'circle bar' icon on the Dayton, OH location. Clicking on it, reveals the legend 1) 'Reduced service'. For fun, I set the car Nav to navigate to it. However, on completion, the Nav updates to show my blue route and a pop-up gets displayed saying 2) "Temporarily Closed".

My experience, for the last 6 months, and actually visiting a local SuperCharger that was 'Reduced Service', is that the sites so-marked, are experiencing a graceful failure -- where most chargers work at between 10-50% of their typical 'new' capacity and that the site is actually OPEN. However, given the dual warnings today, for Dayton, which contradict each other, I have no idea what anyone should expect of the Dayton Ohio site -- or if this is some kind of a bug newly introduced. Moral of the story seems to be -- if in doubt, call roadside assistance for clarification.

Second weird thing that happened today, is I plan a route from Houston to St. George, UT, with Supercharger stations, and I get a route that is about 200-300 miles shorter than when I ask the Nav to route without SuperChargers. What is up with that?