Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

School me on "Performance Seats" please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think those swede inserts are supposed to keep you in the seat when you are taking tight curves. Silly idea, really.

I like the contrasting piping of the performance seats, but those little inserts (especially in gray and tan) look like they'd get dirty really, really fast...

I ordered P85+--passed on sport seats. The Alcantara gets extremely dirty. The demo unit I drove had them, and it was pretty sad how flithy it was. I personally don't like the look or feel of Alcantara.

My wife and I are going to take a ride out to the Dealership today and give them a look in person. I'm curious if the Gray accent matches the Gray Paint. If they look like dirt magnets, then I'm probably out.

Looks like we are going to save a Grand on the Performance Seats and use it to put towards upgrading the Battery to an 85. We saw them in person today and I think I'm fine with the standard seats. Especially if it means an upgrade to the 85. My wife suddenly felt like we needed the greater range (and I wouldn't mind having a little bit better 0 to 60 time). So in order to keep the peace, I guess I'll need to get the bigger Battery. Darn... :D :D :D

I ordered P85+--passed on sport seats. The Alcantara gets extremely dirty. The demo unit I drove had them, and it was pretty sad how flithy it was. I personally don't like the look or feel of Alcantara.

My P85 has grey seats with the Alcantara. The Alcantara still looks new after 6 months with the car. The leather has had some blue dye transfer from wearing jeans on a hot day, but that wiped off with a damp cloth. Never had to do any cleaning to the Alcantara.

The P85+ has the inserts (black and black so it fits in) while my wife's S85 does not. I do not feel the cloth "holds" me in the seat any better and I prefer the esthetic and feel of my wife's 100% leather seats if this is of any help.

That does help thanks. I think I've decided to just go with the standard seats and put the thousand bucks towards the bigger battery. :)