Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

School of the Hidden Vins - Guide to Tracking your Tesla after ordering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3B19E846-819C-4301-A4FE-5906EF8738DA.jpeg Cap Capricorn has arrived in Sydney carrying 190 Teslas in 48 containers. 88% SR+

82 Teslas. 80 X Model 3 and 2 x Model S are about to arrive in Sydney on London Express. This is the last ship for Q 2.

32 arrived in New Zealand earlier this week on this ship - the only NZ ship of the quarter.

No long range were produced in the quarter. Only SR+ and P.

Time to check for your hidden vin. I’ll be watching the port for ship unload, customs and port exit.

82 Teslas. 80 X Model 3 and 2 x Model S are about to arrive in Sydney on London Express. This is the last ship for Q 2.

32 arrived in New Zealand earlier this week on this ship - the only NZ ship of the quarter.

No long range were produced in the quarter. Only SR+ and P.

Time to check for your hidden vin. I’ll be watching the port for ship unload, customs and port exit.
I ordered a SR+ 13 weeks ago, and downloaded your 'Chrome hiddenVinFinder' several weeks ago. Is it correct that it will check for a Vin every time I open the 'manager page in my Tesla account?

They get built first, then matched for Model 3 once the cars are at sea normally. Production plans are normally made weeks in advance so the the supply chain can match the requirements. I normally see them done in variant batches, and white seats are done all at once.

@Vedaprime I've noticed the hidden VIN's are partially encrypted. Here's one from a UK inventory car currently in transit:

5YJS188_299152c95ee1d81e0ae2b7c3a6fd4e88

Can this be deciphered or does it not matter from your tracking point of view?

@Vedaprime I've noticed the hidden VIN's are partially encrypted. Here's one from a UK inventory car currently in transit:

5YJS188_299152c95ee1d81e0ae2b7c3a6fd4e88

Can this be deciphered or does it not matter from your tracking point of view?
I have seen that before. Its for new inventory vehicles. Old inventory vehicles still have vin in the source code.

I don’t know how to decipher that.

vins have started showing in people’s my manage page if they have been assigned. This will continue for about a month.