Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

School of the Hidden Vins - Guide to Tracking your Tesla after ordering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ships are complex this quarter

D2C8F8E2-3215-4DFA-BF40-1183B426D06A.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: erosco
Any idea how many Cap Capricorn left in Auckland, if any? Saw it departing today right on schedule.
None were on the ship for unload in Auckland. All are Sydney bound - 56 to be precise. The ship will stop in Melbourne first. I am providing regular Twitter updates on progress too @Vedaprime. This quarter is getting very complex in the next month with the ships. The ship schedules are changing constantly. Here on TMC I will give the major updates.

None were on the ship for unload in Auckland. All are Sydney bound - 56 to be precise. The ship will stop in Melbourne first. I am providing regular Twitter updates on progress too @Vedaprime. This quarter is getting very complex in the next month with the ships. The ship schedules are changing constantly. Here on TMC I will give the major updates.

Thanks for the reply! Hopefully we get some Auckland bound soon! Looks like Kota Ekspres is the next opportunity arriving 13/11, will keep an eye out!

I do know Kota has none for Auckland onboard either.

Brotonne Bridge however does, but it is skipping Auckland. The cars will move ships in Melbourne and go back to Auckland. No details about that ship transfer yet.

Take a look at MarineTraffic.com for updates on Brotonne location when it is near land.

I do know Kota has none for Auckland onboard either.

Brotonne Bridge however does, but it is skipping Auckland. The cars will move ships in Melbourne and go back to Auckland. No details about that ship transfer yet.

Take a look at MarineTraffic.com for updates on Brotonne location when it is near land.

Awesome, will do. Thank you!

Edit: Looks like from POAL arrivals transfer ship could be Hansa Freyburg or Hansa Offenburg if it's a quick turnaround on arrival, or ANL Emora a week later. Assume they wouldn't want to store them at Melbourne Port for that long though.

Last edited:
Awesome, will do. Thank you!

Edit: Looks like from POAL arrivals transfer ship could be Hansa Freyburg or Hansa Offenburg if it's a quick turnaround on arrival, or ANL Emora a week later. Assume they wouldn't want to store them at Melbourne Port for that long though.

I will know for sure once it is closer as I have the manifests for Brotonne.

If you google Vedaprime you can find out more about me.

Tesla has changed their website. The Hidden vin finder now works on this page.
www.tesla.com/en_AU/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RN<your rn number>

You can search for it manually in the source code of this page "5YJ3" - Model 3 "5YJS" - Model S "5YJX" - Model X.

If there is no vin the section will say
"vin": null

If there is a vin it will say
"vin": "5YJ3xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
where x is the remainder of the vin

Vins will be allocated gradually over the next month.
This will be the first time you see movement of your order on your account.
Vins will also appear on your invoice once this is sent closer to delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: moa999
Hi,
I've had a Model S on order for 2 months now. Any idea when that might be coming in to Melbourne?

My Tesla rep is "quietly hoping" for an end of year delivery. So would that make it like to be in ANL Warrnambool arriving in Country on Dec 2?