Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

School of the Hidden Vins - Guide to Tracking your Tesla after ordering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The School of the Hidden Vins will need to be renamed.

The code base has changed. Hidden vins do not seem to exist anymore in the Tesla manage page source code.

People are checking the new code for alternatives methods for any breadcrumbs.

The most effective way to get a vin is to talk with Tesla directly or ask for an invoice.

The School of the Hidden Vins will need to be renamed.

The code base has changed. Hidden vins do not seem to exist anymore in the Tesla manage page source code.

People are checking the new code for alternatives methods for any breadcrumbs.

The most effective way to get a vin is to talk with Tesla directly or ask for an invoice.
I found a VIN in the page source code in June (LRW3F7EB6MC2…..). Still waiting for delivery confirmation so not entirely sure if that VIN won’t change. I have not been informed of a VIN by Tesla themselves. Expected Jul 20 to 03 Aug.

I found a VIN in the page source code in June (LRW3F7EB6MC2…..). Still waiting for delivery confirmation so not entirely sure if that VIN won’t change. I have not been informed of a VIN by Tesla themselves. Expected Jul 20 to 03 Aug.
Okay, so I called Tesla and confirmed that this is the VIN allocated to my order. To find the VIN, I went to my account and clicked Manage. Then right clicked on the page and selected View Source. Then pressed Ctrl-F to open the find dialogue. Search for the VIN letter sequence LRW (Tesla China).

• Informative
Reactions: Nobody Famous
It does look like the Chrome extension Tesla Vin finder is working again as a way to find your hidden vin - if one has been allocated to You

This info helps to work out when cars were made, which ships the cars are on, and then track the cars going to delivery

Does the VIN finder work with lease orders? I'm getting a M3LR as a company car (very excited!). Received order confirmation SMS on 24-SEP-2021 with RN#. The SMS says "Please note that you not see your car in your Tesla Account", so I'm thinking this probably doesn't work.

Does the VIN finder work with lease orders? I'm getting a M3LR as a company car (very excited!). Received order confirmation SMS on 24-SEP-2021 with RN#. The SMS says "Please note that you not see your car in your Tesla Account", so I'm thinking this probably doesn't work.
Later that same day I got an SMS saying delivery 1-DEC-2021. Nothing showing from the VIN finder extension, so I think that probably answers my question.

Yep. No vin findable when on lease. you would need to ask the lease company. They will know this before you do.

Hi all, newbie here, I have an M3P on its way and can also confirm I've found the vin in the source code. I've not checked if this is actually my car but it seems likely based on others' comments.