Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Science Park Super Charger failed to charge our battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took the Model S for a charge yesterday, saw a couple of cars leaving the port right after trying to charge without knowing what's wrong and went ahead to charge when it's our turn. After inserting the charger, message DC charger failed popped up. It apparently blew the battery instantly, our car is in the shop now.

After inserting the charger, message DC charger failed popped up. It apparently blew the battery instantly, our car is in the shop now.
This is very disturbing to read. Please explain what you mean by "blew our battery instantly". Does that mean that after you saw the message displayed in the car, the car would not move when you put it into Drive? Did your car have to be towed to Tesla Service?

Blew our battery means nothing. A component failed in your car while supercharging.
Agreed. The OP has yet to clarify what happened. Apparently during Supercharging something failed in the car. It is impossible for an owner to determine what failed or why, only that the car is "broken". So to say "Supercharger blew our battery" is misleading and inaccurate. The thread title should be changed.

OP: Thanks for taking the time to alert and share for the benefit of others.

Giving piece meal information only opens up more questions.

- what do you mean by, 'blew up'? There was an explosion, fire and smoke like we see in movies?

- if not were able to drive back home or to an SC? Or did you have to tow it?

- did you get a chance to plug into a 250V socket and did it charge?

- will you come back here and give an update ?

it's scary to read since the supercharger bypasses the on-board charger, and charges the car battery directly (DC -> DC)

This is what I mentioned to the SC because I was a little confused. He was not sure himself other than to say the "bypass" is part of the On-board. o_O
My take of it would be the bypass is hardwired inside the On board. A relay? Inside the on-board? If so and this becomes an issue, it is a more expensive fix than it needs to be.