Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scissor Jack or Trolley Jack - what works better for emergency?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

So I am looking at spare tire options for my car, but I would still need a jack to lift the car for changing tires. Should I stick with basic scissor jacks, or a trolley jack that looks something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Pro-LifT-F-2...1&keywords=trolley+jack&qid=1611294345&sr=8-3

The trolley jack will take more space, but would it be a better choice? Thanks.
Not sure I've heard of anyone carrying a floor jack regularly. Besides, it's got a minimum height of 5.25". With a flat, you couldn't slide it under the car, unless you drove it up on a plank. Plus, the floor jack has a cup that requires a puck, since you don't want those four lips pressing into the battery edge. That'll make the 5.25" min height, even higher with the puck.

Just get a lightweight Porsche scissor jack on eBay from "specializedgerman", around $100. Shave the oval nubbin into a round shape, and you're all set.
IMG_3182.jpeg

Not sure I've heard of anyone carrying a floor jack regularly. Besides, it's got a minimum height of 5.25". With a flat, you couldn't slide it under the car, unless you drove it up on a plank. Plus, the floor jack has a cup that requires a puck, since you don't want those four lips pressing into the battery edge. That'll make the 5.25" min height, even higher with the puck.

Just get a lightweight Porsche scissor jack on eBay from "specializedgerman", around $100. Shave the oval nubbin into a round shape, and you're all set.
View attachment 629696
I can’t find this in ebay…do you have a link? Thanks!