Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Score now 99 - do you get FSD Beta now or next cycle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I got a solid 99, after losing a really bad score 31 days ago (guy cut right in front, autosteer off, hard braking, following too close, etc.). Unfortunate that we get penalized for other's bonehead moves.

Anyway: Does anyone know if FSD update emails/downloads come out mid-week, or does it wait until the next cycle? And are you guaranteed to get the update if your score qualifies or is it still pretty random?

Thanks.

Today I got a solid 99, after losing a really bad score 31 days ago (guy cut right in front, autosteer off, hard braking, following too close, etc.). Unfortunate that we get penalized for other's bonehead moves.

Anyway: Does anyone know if FSD update emails/downloads come out mid-week, or does it wait until the next cycle? And are you guaranteed to get the update if your score qualifies or is it still pretty random?

Thanks.
You hit the mark with random. Plenty of people get it quickly but some have waited. Another factor is that the number of installations vary each day. Here is the install history on TeslaFi as of this minute.

1636037681065.png

No idea on the timing, but a similar thing happened to me. The first real day of driving after I got the update which had a Safety Score, I drove 150 or so miles and had a score of 95. I was pretty happy with that at the time until I learned that 100's were the (initial) cutoff! Almost every other day I had a 98, 99 or 100 score, but those were all relatively small trips and my safety score hung out at 96-97.

Then all of a sudden (must have been a month after that initial drive) I check my safety score and it showed 99 (the 95 had dropped off I guess). The next night (or maybe it was the night after) I got a SW update with FSD beta (although I wouldn't have known it had I not gone looking--release notes did not pop up and there was nothing particularly obvious; I didn't get an e-mail (still haven't). I don't know if this was a regular cycle or not. The same thing happened to several others at the same time, indicating it might have been a regular release, but I actually think it was more due to the fact that it was about a month after the initial safety score rollout and poeple's initial "bad" scores started to roll off at the same time.

Reactions: n.one.one
Then all of a sudden (must have been a month after that initial drive) I check my safety score and it showed 99 (the 95 had dropped off I guess). The next night (or maybe it was the night after) I got a SW update with FSD beta (although I wouldn't have known it had I not gone looking--release notes did not pop up and there was nothing particularly obvious; I didn't get an e-mail (still haven't). I don't know if this was a regular cycle or not. The same thing happened to several others at the same time, indicating it might have been a regular release, but I actually think it was more due to the fact that it was about a month after the initial safety score rollout and poeple's initial "bad" scores started to roll off at the same time.
Where did you go looking or where did you find it? Was it 10.3?

My wife just achieved a 99 score a couple days ago, then yesterday she got the email stating Tesla would be pushing FSD Beta 10.3.1 to her car shortly. This morning, software version 2021.36.5.3 was available for download. I believe this contains FSD Beta 10.3.1. Downloading now.

I have a 98 and am still waiting. I understand 98's should start getting FSD Beta in the next few days. It's killing me that my wife has it before me. Not competitive at all.

My wife just achieved a 99 score a couple days ago, then yesterday she got the email stating Tesla would be pushing FSD Beta 10.3.1 to her car shortly. This morning, software version 2021.36.5.3 was available for download. I believe this contains FSD Beta 10.3.1. Downloading now.

I have a 98 and am still waiting. I understand 98's should start getting FSD Beta in the next few days. It's killing me that my wife has it before me. Not competitive at all.
I had similar. I was at 98 for ages until a “bad day” dropped off and my score went up to 99, next day (maybe two) I got the email and shortly thereafter I got the update notification. My fiancé doesn’t drive as well as I do though and we only have one Tesla though :)
Irritatingly though, that “bad day” was one single ten minute drive around the block (or whatever the country equivalent is) after I serviced my brakes, so I was braking harder than normal… had I known about the reset trick,I probably could’ve got in a week or two earlier!

Reactions: spsheridan
I was at 98 for about a month and reached 99 two days ago. Just received and downloaded 2021.44.25.6 FSD 10.8 beta last night. Interestingly, I still see my FSD Beta Safety Score. I thought that went away after receiving FSD Beta. Maybe it takes a day or two?

It's been 11 days since I reached a safety score 100 and over 100 miles driven. It's nerve-racking to maintain the score. One tiny tap of the brake in a driveway or letting off the accelerator too quickly and the score takes a big hit.