Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scrambling for plaid loan last minute (advice)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just got the call that car is arriving Wednesday. So I started scrambling for a loan, my bank of 20 years is BofA so I did the pre-approval online (full amount, zero down 72) and it got kicked to underwriting (which could take days according to them). I’m trying not to lose the car and wondering what my options are incase the bank takes too long. Ideally I want to put nothing down and finance it all. I do have the cash to just buy it though last resort. If I buy it cash, can I finance it after the fact somehow?
Credit score is 850. No debt. Have mad loot but don’t want to pony up a dime with rates super low. Any insights? Am I just panicking? Thx.

You could always do your loan via tesla. I got instant approval via chase. You can then switch over to BoA later if you desire if it is approved by delivery or just do a post delivery rate match if BoA is better than what tesla's bank gives you. I ended up rate matching myself.

Reactions: dropgems
Thx. Okay, I need them to unlock the credit app on my account because I had choosen self arranged. I assume the only way is for an SA to do it? Not sure any apps even process on Sunday anyways but just want to get a jumpstart if possible.

Thx. Okay, I need them to unlock the credit app on my account because I had choosen self arranged. I assume the only way is for an SA to do it? Not sure any apps even process on Sunday anyways but just want to get a jumpstart if possible.
Yeah, SA can unlock no problem. I had mine as cash until my VIN was assigned and then had SA switch to finance. Painless. Congrats on the plaid. It is a true marvel of engineering. Loving mine.

Should I not try and finance the full amount? Does it like trip some algorithm and slow things down with lenders or something? Should I do like 90%? It doesn’t matter to me, I just don’t want to lose the car because underwriters are too slow and I started the process late. Ideally I’d like to finance the entire amount though. Any thoughts?

Question, I haven’t accepted the Chase offer yet cause I’m still waiting on BofA underwriters and there’s probably not enough time for BofA cause they’re apparently backed up. I’m supposed to pick the car up on Friday at 2. Does the tesla offer process take days or is it like instant and will it be ready by Friday? Thx

Question, I haven’t accepted the Chase offer yet cause I’m still waiting on BofA underwriters and there’s probably not enough time for BofA cause they’re apparently backed up. I’m supposed to pick the car up on Friday at 2. Does the tesla offer process take days or is it like instant and will it be ready by Friday? Thx
It was instant for me once I setup my bank credentials with them and accepted their loan offer.

Reactions: dropgems