Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scrape Armor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else invest in getting Scrape Armor installed on their Model 3? Looking to see your experience. I decided to have it done when I got my XPEL clear bra put on in Chicago at the suggestion of the guys at Midwest Autobahnd ... so glad I did , was angle front end parking my M3 recently and missed a parking sensor, the front bumper jumped a high curb. The product completely saved me from scraping up the lower front end of the vehicle , clearly thinking this was a good investment in Chicago with a city filled of urban land mines!

Thinking about getting this as well since I've got mine lowered on coilovers.

Washing the car I've noticed all the scrapes I am getting is in the clear bra where the Scrape Armor goes. You need to crouch down to see it.

So I am thinking this will do 2 things for me 1) cover up those scrapes (although just replacing the clear bra will do the trick) and 2) give the car protection where it occasionally hits.

at $400+ tho I have some questions
1) it requires drilling a bunch of screw in. What happens once the Scrape armor is worn down and needs replacement? I am sure I can buy a replacement however how big is the company? will they still be around 5 to 10 years from now? I don't want to be stuck 5 to 10 years from now with a torn up Scrape Armor with no replacement options
2) maybe it might be better to just get a front lip? I know some companies such as Unplugged make a lip that goes on for a little more. It does protrude more however splitters like these are meant to be sacrificial anyhow and once there are cheaper ebay copies it may be a much more viable alternative? For example I just buy a replica of an OE splitter for my wife's car for $100 every couple years and have it painted at a wheel repair place for $50 ish
3) I wonder if just vinyl wrapping the bottom of the bumper where is scrapes once a year could also be a viable alternative?