Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scrapped a little piece off underside of model 3 due to road debris

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FDF9D070-192D-423F-BB4A-C2D329C0FD75.jpeg
BDD8B512-95D8-48F3-823F-CAC604919810.jpeg
Scrapped off a little piece on the underside of my model 3. Do you think this is a concern or just cosmetic damage that can be repaired with some glue? Suggestions?

I concur with @Frank99, a contact cement like Shoe Goo should work pretty well and be easy enough. Just wipe some on both parts with your finger and then press it up into place - it'll stick immediately. And if you can't, won't, or fail to fix it, it's no big deal to have that small hole there. Water and air go up in there anyway.

The scratched metal is the sway bar so there's no harm done. It's an indestructible solid steel bar.

Read some forums on here about the aero shield damage and people getting it replaced from Tesla at no charge. Tried to attempt the same and Tesla said they’d charge me $198 for it and will not be covered under warranty since it is physical damage 🥴

Read some forums on here about the aero shield damage and people getting it replaced from Tesla at no charge. Tried to attempt the same and Tesla said they’d charge me $198 for it and will not be covered under warranty since it is physical damage 🥴
Maybe some people got lucky and had it covered under good will or the shield broke apart without an obvious collision, but for your case it's obviously a collision, so would be something insurance would cover, not a warranty.