Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratch not caught on Sentry Cam!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this pretty deep and long scratch today on my passenger side rear door. I pulled up all my recent Sentry Cam footage and didn’t see anything. It could have happened at my house when I was parked in my driveway because I had Sentry Mode set to exclude home (I’ve changed it now). My question is can I take this to any body shop for repairs or does it have to be a Tesla Body Shop? I’m new to this. I am going to try my detailer first and see what he thinks can be done. I’m so annoyed. It looks like someone keyed It. I don’t understand how people can be such d-bags! I could never key someone’s car.

Attachments

• E93867B1-C9A3-4D4F-B7D3-AD35ACFEB195.jpeg
    E93867B1-C9A3-4D4F-B7D3-AD35ACFEB195.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 146
Each end could probably be improved with some elbow grease, but the deep section makes me believe the whole panel will need respraying. It does look keyed, I’m sorry about that. Taking it to Springfield? Maybe some others can chime in with reputable shops up north.

Reactions: Wolfhausen
Each end could probably be improved with some elbow grease, but the deep section makes me believe the whole panel will need respraying. It does look keyed, I’m sorry about that. Taking it to Springfield? Maybe some others can chime in with reputable shops up north.
I live closer to Paramus. Do I need to take it to Tesla for this? Or is this a typical body shop type repair?