Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratch on coated car ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After some advice...

I put a coating on my car last week and all was good Cquartz 3.0

Anyway I’ve noticed a scratch that must have happened in the past day or two but I’m not sure how to deal with it given I have a coating on the car, any ideas
2319AB9F-30C9-4D95-91CF-2CFB8C7A423E.jpeg

Attachments

• A8BCCDB0-EB68-4D68-83FB-7D65D6EEA7E9.jpeg
    A8BCCDB0-EB68-4D68-83FB-7D65D6EEA7E9.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 64
Thanks

When you say run out? What kind of rubbing, should I use a light polish to try and buff it out?

The first pic /scratch is deeper but the 2nd may just buff out with some elbow grease.

I’m just shocked it’s scratched so quickly it’s got two layers of coating on it :( my project for tomorrow

Just for info: Very pleased with the Wrap on my car. It was side swiped on a roundabout, and side looked like it had been scrapped down a wall ... but a simple wash fixed all that, and a bit of effort with a hair prier repaired the wrap. No pain damage (but a couple of small dents that did need bodyshop attention, but they were not noticeable from a distance after Wrap cleaned and healed)

I never give a second thought about snuggling up to a countryside hedge, nor hurry to clean Pigeon Poo ...

I'm changing my MS P85D for a MS P100D in a couple of months (or so they say!).

I have ceramic coating on the P85D which cost around £450. I would be grateful to hear of the advantages/differences and approximate cost of a wrap. Also any help sourcing would be appreciated.

yes, definitely "dear". I had a few higher-end vehicles in my Youth, but latterly they have been eco-hatchback A-to-B-boxes for 20-30K so spending 100K-ish on a car is well out of the ordinary for me, and I thought we would get annoyed by stone chips etc. and also wanted to be able to have a good-condition 2nd hand opportunity. Also my perception that paint on Aluminium body was likely to be softer than steel-body.

Personally, 3 years in, I'm pleased I took that decision

Felt poor when I dropped it off though, the next cheapest thing on Topaz's forecourt had another nought on the price tag !

I'm changing my MS P85D for a MS P100D in a couple of months (or so they say!).

I have ceramic coating on the P85D which cost around £450. I would be grateful to hear of the advantages/differences and approximate cost of a wrap. Also any help sourcing would be appreciated.

Have a check with your insurors as some will not cover a wrapped car, even if it is wrapped the same colour.

I seem to remember Direct Line being one of those that do not cover.