TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

scratch on spoiler, fix?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Bobbyducati, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Bobbyducati

Bobbyducati Member

how can one go about fixing very light scratches on the stock MS CF spoiler? since its a matte finish polishing doesnt seem to be an option and i cant find any results on TMC or google regarding this. even just minimizing it so its not a white looking scratch would be a huge improvement. Thanks.

2. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

yeah I have the original glossy CF version that shipped with the very first batch of cars and mine has a nic in it from hitting my garage door once. mine looks like the CF is damaged underneath the gloss coating. no idea how to fix it since polishing would do nothing if the dmg is internal to the CF.

3. Bobbyducati

Bobbyducati Member

mines not thru the finish over the CF, so i think it can be saved, but itll be tricky since its matte finish.

4. digitaltim

digitaltim Sig737 VIN628

My glossy CF version developed three or four cracks - there was never any impact. SC replaced it with the matte version.

5. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

How do you feel about the Matte vs Gloss? I cracked mine early-on, but never replaced it as I liked the look of the gloss.

6. digitaltim

digitaltim Sig737 VIN628

I was torn but it has grown in me. I am having all the dark trim on the car wrapped in a carbon fiber matte finish to match assuming it is available.

Also switching to the gray 21" wheels in the spring.

7. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Local Vendor - SoCal

Can you post a photo. Depending on how severe it is, it'll need to be repainted or you might be able to get away with matte clear bra on it from XPEL or Suntek