Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

scratch repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to add . . I am finding it impossible to close that frunk without firm palm pressure down and potential scratching by rubbing the grit in.

The 2 handed method (as described in the manual) at least spreads the pressure ... but it's not ideal. I imagine people who wear rings needs to take extra care too. Something that I used to think I had to do (that was a hangover from conventional bonnet closing) was make a sudden firm push to make it latch ... I then realised that a much gentler steady continuous pressure until you hear the click was a better approach ... much less risk of surface damage I would think. I can at least reassure you that after more that 2.5 years there is no sign of scratching on the bonnet on my own car. However, I do mostly use the main boot and keep the "frunk" for occasional use equipment like cables, first aid kit, windscreen sun shade etc

I fitted the stronger self opening gas struts to my frunk lid and fitted a weaker spring to the catch. It takes a little more effort to close the lid against the stronger struts but that final clunk closure is easier one-handed. I got a green drive spring via eBay.