TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Scratched My newly leased Model S. Need opinion on best approach

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by YJBB, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Zybane

Zybane Member

I think the OP's definition of a "scratch" is a bit different then mine LOL.

2. caps04

caps04 Member

Tis but a flesh wound

3. shokunin

shokunin P85 & M3

We use our insurance broker who ends up finding the best deals, we are insured with Mapfre Insurance. Have had no other accidents and they were very prompt and courteous to get my wife's dent repaired.

4. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Well-Known Member

It might be possible to have those panels "Bondo'd" instead of replaced. Would be a ton cheaper.

Not as good a fix as putting on all new panels, but lots less expensive.

Might need to look around some to see if it can be done on aluminum, but worth a shot.

5. YJBB

YJBB Member

Thanks. That's good to know.

6. YJBB

YJBB Member

Since my car is leased, once I claim with the insurance company, Tesla will know that this car has been damaged. Does anyone know what kind of impact this will have at the end of my lease? Do I need to pay more or anything like that?

7. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

In theory none, assuming the car is in the shape that it was when you took delivery (adjusting for normal wear and tear).

Jeff

8. Lawtq

Lawtq Member

Did you get it fixed? What happened?