Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratched Steering Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've somehow managed to scratch the leather on my steering wheel:

tesla_steering.JPG

You can't really see it unless you're looking for it, but I feel it when I turn the wheel and it annoys the hell out of me. Plus, I don't want it to get any worse.

Anyone have any thoughts / suggestions as to how I could "repair" this?

I have noticed the same (but less conspicuous) marks where my pager hits the bottom of the wheel during in/egress and also some marks from my wedding ring. Could a moisturizer of some sort help with the friability??

I've somehow managed to scratch the leather on my steering wheel:

View attachment 29913

You can't really see it unless you're looking for it, but I feel it when I turn the wheel and it annoys the hell out of me. Plus, I don't want it to get any worse.

Anyone have any thoughts / suggestions as to how I could "repair" this?
Hi there! Just realized the same in my model S.
Did you find an efficient way to minimize it? Mine is behind the steering wheel so one can't see it but it's really annoying to feel when touching the wheel. So no need to make it perfect, just not noticeable by touching it

Any idea?

I have the exact same issue...but now have one behind the steering wheel and one exactly like the picture in the first post. I've reset the steering wheel so it's up higher...to prevent another scratch. If a software update could automatically move the steering wheel up and in during ingress/egress, that would be great. An auto interior repair shop (check with your local service rep, bc they will know of one) could probably minimize the scratch. Or, over time, it will blend in with the aging of the leather....just keep your hands sweaty and grab that wheel as much as possible! Autopilot insists you do so! haha!

Another option...replace it with a wood/leather wheel like this one: Tesla Gloss Obeche Steering Wheel - TSportline.com - Tesla Model S & Model X Accessories

You will rub against the wood instead of leather...