TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Scratched the front plastic bumper--how to fix?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by DSGChina, Jul 28, 2017.

1. DSGChina

DSGChina Member

Scratched my Model X front bumper during a parallel parking exercise. Took a nice gouge out of the plastic in 2 places. Sensors didn't see the hitch/rack setup on the car in front of me. :-(

My fault for trying to squeeze in to a tight place.

I'd really like to get it smoothed and maybe a touch up to repair. Any ideas on:

1. Can I do it myself? What type of putty?
    2. Touch up paint. My color is not available at the Tesla online store (Midnight Silver Gray). Any ideas where you can find some?
    3. Should I get it done professionally? What would the cost be for two dime size gouges in the plastic bumper?

In San Diego, so if any of you have a referral, that would be great. Thanks.

2. zackmilo

zackmilo 2.2M+ Youtube views on my Model 3

I Would have to see it. Please post pics.

• Like x 1