Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratching sound when turning left

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Initially this started when turning left only and decelerating. Now, regardless of deceleration at low speeds, the screeching sound is on.
Sometimes it’s there. The wheel is not turning to the left by most of the time it’s on the wheel is turned to the left. The sound is sounds like it’s coming from the back passenger wheel. Sounds like something is scratching. Attaching the back passenger tire disc picture and the front just for reference. I think it’s a rock stuck somewhere probably in the brake pad?
Everything else I’ve read it says that the rock in the tire but I’m not sure anybody had this happen?
I have model S 2016 P90D

Attachments

• IMG_0996.jpeg
    IMG_0996.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0997.jpeg
    IMG_0997.jpeg
    487.4 KB · Views: 42
Any brake mechanic can lube the slides, unfortunately it's tedious and not cheap. Part of the regular maintenance, hopefully it stops the noise.

Wait why is this tedious and not cheap? For a shop with a lift, it's a 0.5 hr job with a dollar worth of grease.

But there aren't any slides on the Monoblock Brembo's in the '16. The lube points are the pins, and the side of the pads.

OP, perhaps it's time to just throw on new pads? They're cheap, and any brake shop can do it. Nothing special about Tesla brakes.