Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screeching when turning car off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the right fan replaced twice and the left fan replaced once. Two days later, the left one started doing it again :-( Seems like there is some kind of issue with the components they are using. It was quiet for a day and then started squeaking consistently again.

Here is my latest fan:

Squeaky Left Radiator Fan - YouTube

You'll hear it starts getting louder and continuously squeaks, then gets really loud when it spins down.

My car screeches every time I turn it off, as if it has a worn belt... Is this a normal sound? Please see the linked YouTube video to hear it... Thanks all!

http://youtu.be/HeJFji4L3Ns

Glad you posted this, I have had the same noise and just took delivery about 2 weeks ago. I don't know that it happens every time though so I am glad I can show SC this vid and they will know what I am referring to.

I also notice when AC first starts it is really loud and I can actually feel vibrations down by my feet. Does anyone get this as well?

There is a service center bulletin for an AC soundproofing blanket, sounds like your problem. The squeal may also be related to your AC as there isn't much else down there. Did you test with AC turned off to determine if the squeal is related?