Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen at night?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've sat in a M3 in the showroom and at Cars and Coffee - all during the day. Didn't notice any glare or anything but again the car wasn't moving. Nor have I sat in the car at night. So here are my questions for all of you that have had your 3s for a few weeks and longer now:

1. Is there any noticeable glare during the day while driving? Is there some anti-reflective/anti-glare coating on the screen already?

2. How bright/distracting is the main screen at night? Does it automatically adjust the brightness down when you're driving in the dark?

Thanks!

On auto-mode there's no glare during the day or night. However, if you're like me and prefer dark mode for both day and night driving, there's an unusable glare during the day that isn't present in the S or X. It also creates this awkward effect of staring at your passenger whenever you look at the screen, because it's flush with the dash instead of tilted towards the driver.

• Funny
Reactions: SoCalGuy