TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Screen at night?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SoCalGuy, Apr 12, 2018.

1. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

So I've sat in a M3 in the showroom and at Cars and Coffee - all during the day. Didn't notice any glare or anything but again the car wasn't moving. Nor have I sat in the car at night. So here are my questions for all of you that have had your 3s for a few weeks and longer now:

1. Is there any noticeable glare during the day while driving? Is there some anti-reflective/anti-glare coating on the screen already?

2. How bright/distracting is the main screen at night? Does it automatically adjust the brightness down when you're driving in the dark?

Thanks!

2. RBowen

RBowen Member

The screen has been clear, bright and responsive in every condition I have seen (so far).

At dusk, the screen automatically switches to 'dark mode' (my term), which is also easy to read in my opinion.

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

You can manually set the sceeen brightness, or use auto-brightness mode. I have mine in auto mode and it’s fine both day and night. Same with my Model S previously.

4. Boourns

Boourns Active Member

1. No glare

2. Auto brightness works great.

I've done lots of day and night driving.

5. CjRichMar

CjRichMar Member

On auto-mode there's no glare during the day or night. However, if you're like me and prefer dark mode for both day and night driving, there's an unusable glare during the day that isn't present in the S or X. It also creates this awkward effect of staring at your passenger whenever you look at the screen, because it's flush with the dash instead of tilted towards the driver.

• Funny x 1