Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen bubbles - not center touchscreen

SilverSp33d3r

No Longer Silver
May 23, 2018
LA
This afternoon I got into my car to find this gem. Bubbles in the speedometer screen.
5858F9F2-3DEF-4EA1-805B-E8E81E02F19F.jpeg
D6209515-E8C1-407B-9F22-69111E39840F.jpeg
Has anyone experienced this? It’s growing larger by the hour. I’m about to take a 1000 mile road trip, what’s the likelihood of the screen completely failing?
2014 December build Model S60.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
I've seen at least another owner who posted photos of this happening to his car here on TMC. So your not alone. Maybe you can locate his post and see what they did.

Searching Model S forum for "bubbles screen" and found this for a DIY possible repair since out of warranty: HELP REQUESTED - Removal of driver side instrument cluster

Here's another one thread issue on this problem: Bubble on instrument cluster

Let us know what you end up doing?

Last edited:

SilverSp33d3r

No Longer Silver
May 23, 2018
LA
I've seen at least another owner who posted photos of this happening to his car here on TMC. So your not alone. Maybe you can locate his post and see what they did.

Searching Model S forum for "bubbles screen" and found this for a DIY possible repair since out of warranty: HELP REQUESTED - Removal of driver side instrument cluster

Here's another one thread issue on this problem: Bubble on instrument cluster

Let us know what you end up doing?

Thanks I tried searching but my description wasn’t coming up with anything other than the yellowing screen. I’ll contact service and see what happens.

Reactions: SMAlset

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
I did see another dash display do this in a post here. We had a display bubble but it was the larger center display. If you're under warranty they'll just come & replace it. It wasn't a big deal at all & my wife's Model S got a free upgrade to the 1080p from the 720p & it looks glorious. It was even the newest 3rd version so time will tell if it gets bubbles or yellow border but hopefully the 3rd time is the charm.

Russell

Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
This afternoon I got into my car to find this gem. Bubbles in the speedometer screen.
View attachment 429010
View attachment 429011
Has anyone experienced this? It’s growing larger by the hour. I’m about to take a 1000 mile road trip, what’s the likelihood of the screen completely failing?
2014 December build Model S60.

I doubt the screen will "completely" fail. If all of the liquid was gone, the graphics being displayed may not look as sharp or have as much contrast.

If that liquid is for cooling the display then it would get hot and begin to warp.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC