Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen bubbles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
on my screen it looks like there is a protective sheet (kinda like phone screen protector). It currently has a few air bubbles which I assume will go away after time. Does anybody notice the screen protector or have bubbles?

on my screen it looks like there is a protective sheet (kinda like phone screen protector). It currently has a few air bubbles which I assume will go away after time. Does anybody notice the screen protector or have bubbles?

Someone else with a 3 noticed this and found a thin removable film on the screen. Most likely there to prevent scratches prior to delivery. It just peels off. It’s not meant as a permanent screen protector like this:

Screen Protectors for the Tesla Model 3

You can order puddle lights at the same time :)

Last edited:
Yes, my Model 3 screen had a thin film on it at delivery. All I noticed was a subtle thin line optic effect that when I questioned the DS (worries it was a screen defect) he promptly removed the film and it disappeared. This is not the same touchscreen bubble issue mentioned upthread which I am familiar with having payed to fix that out of warranty:confused:

When I was actually getting it delivered - I thought there was a scratch on the screen - it turns out there was a thin film on our screen and the delivery folks were like "oh yeah, lemme peel that off" and magically my screen was perfect. It seems like they should just make that apart of the process.

Haha. My wife called me freaking out about the bubbles in the screen. As I was on hold to make an appointment I thought back to an embarrassing Iphone incident and saw the protective cover. Peeled off and the screen was perfect. Now just waiting on my Abstract Ocean screen protector.

Haha. My wife called me freaking out about the bubbles in the screen. As I was on hold to make an appointment I thought back to an embarrassing Iphone incident and saw the protective cover. Peeled off and the screen was perfect. Now just waiting on my Abstract Ocean screen protector.
I noticed the bubbles show up while I was installing Abstract Ocean Screen Protector. The tape they give you to line up the screen accidentally stuck to my screen and when I pulled it up I saw bubbles. Strange thing is contrary to other posts on this thread it was not the thin plastic film that was removed during delivery. I think Tesla may have installed a more permanent film because of the person that got cut from the glass shattering after an accident. Musk tweeted at the time that Tesla would add a film to prevent glass shards from flying at someone after a crash. All that said I didn't try removing what appeared to be causing the bubbles I just put the Abstract Ocean protector on and called it a day.