Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Changes with New Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, this new screen has some questionable component. The left side mostly negative space also contains the PRND which is fairly Grey even when a gear is engaged. I almost reversed instead of moving forward the other day. Then there are the series of icons*(speed, cruise, AP erc.) on the top which all lumped together just seem random.

LOL, I was lucky, my MY got delivered on 12/29, few days ago, but did not have the Christmas update. I then wanted to update but decided to watch youtube before I pull the trigger. The moment I saw the map real estate got much smaller, I decided not to do it. The map is very important for me, I don't care much about games. To be honest, I like the current portion of the car screen and map screen. Perfectly size. Don't change anything, Tesla :)
So you're never going to update again?

AFAIK, Tesla will require you to update. You have no choice. You can't pick and choose.
Sorry. Welcome to the world of...of...Elon Musk!

Some are speculating that the current screen changes are a stop-gap that will change as the FSD evolves. Timeline? Who knows?

Not with the current update features, for sure. Everything in life you need to measure the pros and cons and see if it's worth doing it. For now is a "no" for me. But in the future, if Tesla has better features, like much better autopilot, then yah, I will sacrifice my map for that feature.
But the next time you update, you should get everything that has come before so I don't think there is a way to avoid it.

AFAIK, Tesla will require you to update. You have no choice. You can't pick and choose.

Some are speculating that the current screen changes are a stop-gap that will change as the FSD evolves. Timeline? Who knows?
LOL, I can't do much then, I guess :)
But at least for the moment, it let me manually decide what to do with the update. I think it can't auto-update because I did not connect to my Wifi, the reason I did not connect to my Wifi since I worry Tesla will auto-update the software :)

I'm pretty sure we're closer than you think. Elon tweeted out they're working out bugs for release not too long ago. Unless that tweet was about the holiday update.

If you re-read that tweet, it seems clearer that it was 2020.48.26 that had some bugs to be ironed out. And they did (rolleyes) fix that and launch it. Many people read what they wanted into that tweet (inferring that it was a one-fire of a two-fire update and that there was another (FSD-related) waiting in the wings). I don't expect we'll see anything until 2021.4.1.

• Informative
Reactions: HotIce
If you re-read that tweet, it seems clearer that it was 2020.48.26 that had some bugs to be ironed out. And they did (rolleyes) fix that and launch it. Many people read what they wanted into that tweet (inferring that it was a one-fire of a two-fire update and that there was another (FSD-related) waiting in the wings). I don't expect we'll see anything until 2021.4.1.
That's the way I read that tweet as well, since it was right before the last update.

New future screen will have a swipe line to maximize the map size, also if you guys have seen the new FSD visuals it has a lot more information so this is why that car screen is much larger today. They will also include the ability to adjust the font size of the speed indicator, lots of complaints about the speed being a lot smaller. I’m already used to it and I really don’t need a whole map, I use Tesla Waze anyways.

Tip: if you are using navigation and you open up a screen like the radio screen and it covers your map, the step by step directions will transfer over to the car screen on the left.

Fred

Tesla cannot force you to update. There are many Model S owners still on firmware versions that are EOL

The left side of the screen should have the bottom 1/3 of it dedicated to audio and the top 2/3 for the car info.

Exactly. Not like there’s no room LOL

E79CBF7B-27A1-4579-97AA-9E2F8B3F9323.jpeg

Reactions: tez_man

Thank you for clarifying. :) I may have mistook that tweet as hinting to V11.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
I was a little disappointed when the "voice command" button disappeared with the new display. I searched for a couple of days for a way to access the voice control. (I even tried talking to it like my Google Nest. "Hey Tesla"... of course that didn't work).
I was pretty bummed since I use it regularly for phone calls and navigation requests without having to screw around on a touch pad keyboard. It was only after downloading the owners manual and finding on page 140 that you could always access it by pressing the right button on the steering wheel. (Duh). For two years, I hadn't known that or had forgotten about it if the Tesla rep at Mt. Kisco NY had shown me when we picked our M3 up. It's actually a lot more convenient to use the steering wheel button.

Reactions: Johnny Vector