Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Content with Version 9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on the verge of buying a Model 3, but now I'm concerned after reading about Version 9 on these forums. I really just have one question (I think): Can the main display on the touch screen be configured differently? I've read that one thing Version 9 did was make navigation the main screen all the time. I use navigation maybe 10% of the time, so I have no use for a navigation system taking up all (or even most) of my screen all the time. In fact, in my current car, the only controls that I use regularly are the music controls (volume, input, radio stations, etc.). With Version 9, will I be able to configure the screen so that the music controls are displayed all the time? Thanks.

I'm on the verge of buying a Model 3, but now I'm concerned after reading about Version 9 on these forums. I really just have one question (I think): Can the main display on the touch screen be configured differently? I've read that one thing Version 9 did was make navigation the main screen all the time. I use navigation maybe 10% of the time, so I have no use for a navigation system taking up all (or even most) of my screen all the time. In fact, in my current car, the only controls that I use regularly are the music controls (volume, input, radio stations, etc.). With Version 9, will I be able to configure the screen so that the music controls are displayed all the time? Thanks.

You're misunderstanding what the setup is, I believe.. I suggest watching some youtube videos or going for a test drive. While navigating your current music source is visible.

If you prefer music, or climate control , they can cover most of the screen. Future update should allow to fade to blank too. I appreciate the screen more and more every day. It’s very well done, and more improvements will likely come. You should not think from the perspective of how you drive in the past. This is an entirely improved experience and most things are set it and forget it, or voice activated.

Reactions: JES2
Yes you can have the music controls displayed any time you want, on top of the map, and the controls can occupy the lower half of the screen, the lower third, or just a small area at the bottom.

The Model 3 is an incredible car. I love mine. It is my fourth Tesla and honestly I’m enjoying it even more than the Roadster, S, and X (which I currently own). Please go get a test drive and experience the car directly. It will blow your mind.

Tesla Showroom, 8687 North Central Expwy Suite #1027Dallas, TX 75225
Gallery: (469) 232-9270

Reactions: JES2 and webdbbt
I have the same concern and just deal with it. I hardly use Navigation but the map takes up 2/3 of the screen. I read Tesla will release a minimum UI for people who wants to keep the screen dark. I only need the screen to send me warnings like tire is flat or car needs service.