Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

screen discoloration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. Had my MCU2 screen (March, 2018 build) replaced this week. My February 2013 Model S's screen was rock sold for the 5 years I owned it. Seems to be a more recent issue.

Interestingly, my 2014 CPO has developed the problem. I had heard that this problem seemed to be for later years. I asked for the repair history of the car and... the screen was indeed replaced during the CPO refurbishing process about a year ago.

Me too. I just upgraded my software and noticed the yellow ring.
Same here. I updated to V9 last night, and this morning noticed the nice yellow bar up top (they replaced my first MCU for the same reason before the screen replacement was an option). I actually prefer the MCU1 since I use AM radio, so no reason to hold off on calling the Service Center I guess.

September 2017 Delivery, custom build (MCU1) - Just noticed the lovely burnt crust look on the MCU screen after v9 upgrade. Guessing it is much more noticeable with V9 since Navigation is fixed in the background all the time now (lighter colors) causing it to stand out.
I also have a September 2017 build/delivery. I noticed this issue right after getting the 2018.34.1 build. I have an appointment for next Tuesday.

Whats the best way to get this fixed? I just noticed this on my car about 2 weeks ago, and is much more obvious with the new software. I know I can schedule an appt online, but I really can't make it to the Tesla shop during working hours. Can I call and schedule (or even better, online) a ranger to come out and look (and repair, assuming they have parts in stock)?

Whats the best way to get this fixed? I just noticed this on my car about 2 weeks ago, and is much more obvious with the new software. I know I can schedule an appt online, but I really can't make it to the Tesla shop during working hours. Can I call and schedule (or even better, online) a ranger to come out and look (and repair, assuming they have parts in stock)?

You probably will have to take the car in, but call them and they will schedule the repair. They are very familiar with the issue.

I'm not sure why some are noticing the yellowing only after a software upgrade. It seems to me we always had apps (map, etc) that went from edge to edge. I got 9 several days ago and unless I'm wrong, nothing changed in terms of screen coverage for things like the map. So if the yellowing issue was there after the firmware upgrade, I'd think it was there before.

Yellowing was there before, just before it wasn't as easy to see as it now.

Question. Once replaced is there a warranty on the replacement part?

Example: Car is at 49,999 and screen get replaced and yellows 6 months later.

Some car manufacturers provide a warranty on a repair while others provide a warranty on a part replaced out of warranty. Like 6 months x miles.....

• Helpful
Reactions: ironwaffle