Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

screen discoloration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a close up. It’s definitely visible along all 4 sides. If there is indeed a fix coming I will just cancel my appointment.

Attachments

• 18735CB2-F852-424C-A134-B3C955DED8BA.jpeg
    18735CB2-F852-424C-A134-B3C955DED8BA.jpeg
    703.7 KB · Views: 149
I have a July 18 M-S with this issue. I spoke to the tech and they said they were coming out with a new solution some time this year, and were not going to replace screens until the new solution was available.

My car was parked in the Vegas heat for 2 months before I purchased it, and was delivered like this.

Wow on a 2018 already! My service centre told me new 'fixed' screens are due around March / April and told me not to bother getting mine replaced yet as it will just happen again. Night mode makes it tolerable.

I'll chime in as they FINALLY got my screen in about 2 weeks ago, and 1 week ago I got a call from the SC suggesting I wait until a permanent fix is ready, but he said August or September. I kinda wonder if they are trying to keep us appeased until they really do have a fix for this. No offense to Tesla, but I'll believe it when I see it... :)

(also, you seemed surprised this was already happening on a 2018. I have a Feb 2018 build, March 2018 received S75D and it went bad by September)

Last edited:
June 2017 MX100D. Just noticed the issue for the first time this morning. The early part of the thread got me reassured with screens being replaced and all but it now looks like another one of those ‘fix is coming’. I have the acceleration shudder issue for which we’ve been told a fix is coming for a quite while. Now we’re being told a fix is coming for the yellow screens... Am a huge Tesla fan (also have a 3) but this is scaring me wrt to aging cars and difficulty having issues addressed.

I only noticed it because of this thread. Note to self....stop reading TMC! Sigh.

I wrote in another thread this afternoon that I did not have this issue but now not sure after examining some screenshots after reading this thread.

I think there is a yellowing on the upper left corner near “Navigate”. I probably would not have noticed it except for this thread. LOL!
0B56062E-B921-4E96-8212-291781196E7E.jpeg

I wrote in another thread this afternoon that I did not have this issue but now not sure after examining some screenshots after reading this thread.

I think there is a yellowing on the upper left corner near “Navigate”. I probably would not have noticed it except for this thread. LOL!View attachment 374103

Hard to tell but it looks like its starting show up on the bottom of the screen (directly below where it says "Range Mode"). Best way to see it is on a light/white background like while in "sketch pad" mode or switch your map off of satellite mode.